Man stabs dog in neck, arrested for animal cruelty | News
A South Hill man is in the hospital being treated for self-inflicted injuries and will be arrested upon release for stabbing his own dog in the neck.
Spokane Police Officers were called to a home in the 3700 block of North Regal around one a.m. Saturday on reports that someone?s relative had a knife and was threatening people.
Officers found 24-year-old Nathan Meier near the home with self-inflicted wounds to his wrist. He was taken to the hospital for treatment, but will be arrested for Felony First Degree Animal Cruelty.
During the investigation, officers found Meier stabbed his own dog in the neck. Officers could not update the dog's condition late Sunday Morning, but the Pet Emergency Clinic in North Spokane said the dog was treated there and is not there anymore.
Upcoming Events near South Hill - East Spokane
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade